ModSolar is changing the solar industry creating the software and processes to make the industry more effective and efficient. They’re reducing the soft costs of solar, which will help the solar industry achieve scale and usher our society into a more sustainable energy future.
Junior/Intermediate Java Web Developer
- Compensation: $60,000-$75,000 per year depending on experience
This is a unique opportunity for the “right candidate” with the “right stuff.” You’ll be working with a great development team on new product enhancements and feature sets for a fast growing solar software company. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity in a new field of software development, then this could be the perfect fit for you! We are looking for an on-site team member, no recruiters please.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Enhancing our flagship SaaS web application with new functionality, including front-end and back-end development
- Coding and testing according to provided specifications
- Thorough and complete unit, integration, and regression testing
- Some direct client interaction to resolve reported issues, clarify custom requirements, etc.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Some academic or professional experience developing software applications in Java
- Experience with Java web development (servlets, JSPs) a plus
- Knowledge of relational database concepts
- Knowledge of client-server concepts, web services, and MVC
- Knowledge of software Design Patterns
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, and organized
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Motivation and drive to contribute to and thrive in a fast-paced, cutting-edge, entrepreneurial environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Engineering or similar or relevant work experiences
- The ModSolar team has a lot going on right now, so the ideal candidate will like a fast-pace environment, wants to work with fun people, and enjoys being part of an outstanding team.
If you’re interested, please send your resume to Rosi@modsolar.net and tell us why you are a great candidate for this job.
Read more about ModSolar on their website.