Tuesday, February 12th 2013
Unable to make DEP’s Webinar on the Sunshine Program? Here’s a quick summary of the call. For more info visit DEP’s Sunshine Program webpage.
- $7.5M has been allocated for Solar PV, solar thermal, and battery backup systems through the Pennsylvania Sunshine Program.
- Approximately $4M will be paid to projects already on the wait list, leaving around $3.5M for projects completed between now and December 31st 2013.
- Wait-listed projects not completed by June 1st 2013 will lose their spot on the list, but can apply again.
- Rebates cover $.75/watt for residential projects, up to $7,500 or 10kw, or $.75/watt for the first 10kw, and $.50/watt for the last 90 kw for small commerical projects (companies with up to 100 employees) up to $52,500 or 100kw.
- Projects over 100kw can apply, but per-watt rebates only apply to first 100kw of project size.
- Rebates for solar thermal projects will cover 30% of project costs, up to $5,000 for residential, or $50,000 for small commercial (again, an entity with less than 101 employees).
- Projects become eligible for rebates upon completion of the project. This adds uncertainty on whether or not customer will receive rebate.
- Fund are available until December 31st, or whenever funds are exhausted.
- DEP’s Sunshine Webpage will be updated weekly with the total paid out, which will not reflect what has yet to be processed.
- Prevailing wage rules still apply.
Contact Walt Dinda at DEP with questions at email@example.com or (717) 772-8912.
Disclaimer: We have endeavored to provide an accurate summary of this program. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information contained here.