Friday, February 15th 2013
SEI is pleased to post occasional job openings from member companies, as a means of effectively reaching qualified, local candidates in the smart energy industry. Send job descriptions to Will Williams.
DVGBC seeks candidates for a new position, Manager of Policy and Advocacy. DVGBC is a non-profit organization working to promote green building practices in the Delaware Valley. We are the local chapter of the U.S. Green Building Council; our region covers the five-county Philadelphia region, the Lehigh Valley and the state of Delaware. This is a full-time job, reporting to the Executive Director. The preliminary job description includes the following tasks:
- Develop and direct implementation of policy agenda for the chapter
- Work closely with U.S. Green Building Council Advocacy team
- Support Key Performance Indicator tracking and reporting for USGBC grant
- Recruit and organize volunteers, including DVGBC Board members; establish regular meetings with goals and tasks for volunteers
- Work closely with, and support partner PA chapters on statewide policy and advocacy initiatives
- Establish annual Advocacy Day in PA and DE
- Ensure elected officials and decision-makers are invited to all DVGBC events
- Track relationships among staff, volunteers, and decision-makers
- Follow key policy developments at state and local levels and new issues, such as Healthy Products Declaration, etc.
- Develop and maintain partnerships, e.g., Energy Efficient Buildings Hub, City of Philadelphia Office of Sustainability, USGBC Advocacy staff
- Track and report on goals; communicate to key stakeholders
- Write policy briefs for DVGBC and policy decision-makers
- Develop tools, including advocacy alerts, to engage our constituents around policy initiatives
- Develop new markets and non-traditional audiences; look for opportunities to connect on other areas of focus, such as green schools
- Raise funds for policy work
- Coordinate and collaborate with staff leading Greenbuild 2013, Green Schools and other DVGBC initiatives
Experience & Skills
- 5-7 years’ work experience in sustainable design/building, or related field
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- Work experience in policy or political area; in PA or DE a plus
- Skilled verbal communicator
- Strong writing skills for lay audience
- Team player; strong collaborator
- Outgoing and enjoys networking
- Able to juggle multiple tasks while meeting deadlines
- Strong project management skills
- Experienced meeting facilitator
Salary based on skills and experience. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 20, 2013.
Click here to download a PDF of this job posting.