Friday, February 15th 2013
SEI is pleased to post occasional job openings from member companies, as a means of effectively reaching qualified, local candidates in the smart energy industry. Send job descriptions to Will Williams.
BPI Certified Professional
Employment type: Full-time
Keating Environmental Management, Inc.
Keating Environmental Management, Inc. (KEM), located in Exton, PA is a certified woman-owned business enterprise (WBE). Our company is a full-service environmental, energy, sustainability and procurement solutions firm that has been in business for more than twenty years. KEM offers integrated solutions for complex environmental consulting, remedial action, energy and “green” building projects in a cost-effective and professional manner. Visit www.keatingenvironmental.com to learn more about KEM.
Keating Environmental has long-term career opportunities for professionals who are focused on the delivery of high quality and high value services. Candidates must hold a current and valid BPI Analyst certificate with Building Envelope certification a plus. The candidate will have demonstrable experience in performing energy audits. Experience conducting blower door and duct tightness tests will be considered a plus. Candidates with additional areas of knowledge and experience such as commercial and industrial energy audits, measurement and verification, energy modeling, LEED accreditation, etc. will receive greater consideration. As the position requires a high degree of interaction with residential customers, being dressed in appropriate attire and appearance, a pleasant disposition and patience are important attributes of a candidate.
Responsibilities will encompass, but are not limited to, conducting residential walk-through energy assessments in accordance with BPI standards. The walk-throughs require the collection of detailed information (e.g. utility data, equipment and building data, operational characteristics); identifying energy savings opportunities, educating the customer and motivating them to participate in rebate programs where appropriate; install of direct measures and producing reports for homeowners using program audit software.
Additional responsibilities will include scheduling, tracking, cost control, marketing, development of proposals, project management and related technical services. This position is only for an experienced professional who can demonstrate and document their past experience and success. The successful candidate will:
• Have current and valid BPI Analyst certificate; Building Envelope certification a plus;
• Have conducted numerous energy audits in accordance with BPI standards with experience conducting blower door tests and duct tightness testing a plus;
• Be a self-starter and have high standards of quality;
• Work both independently and in a team environment;
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Possess a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and reliable transportation;
• Be proficient in reading maps/the use of GPS technology and the operation of computers/tablets/smartphone;
• Possess a smartphone;
• Be comfortable to work, alone, within residential environments throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania and other locations as needed;
• Be able to meet the mental, visual and hearing demands of working in an environment with multiple, simultaneous stimuli such as residents, pets, pests, phones, computers and televisions. Must be able to hear equipment auditory sounds and be able to visualize computer screens and digital displays;
• Be physically capable of lifting 50+ lbs repeatedly, climb ladders and stairs, work within limited clearance spaces and be on their feet for long periods (see below for additional physical/working requirements);
• Be able to install direct measures, such as compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs), aerators, showerheads, “smart” power strips, weather stripping, and other simple measures as may be required, including the use of basic hand/power tools;
• Possess or be able to obtain criminal, child abuse and FBI background checks, drug screening and other forms of screening/testing as required to work on behalf of clients in residential/educational settings.
• Be financial responsible through the judicious use of materials and supplies, prevention of damage, misuse or loss of equipment and through accurate documentation of approved expenses.
KEM offers employees competitive compensation and benefit packages including company paid medical, dental and life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and 401(k) with company contributions.
If interested, please send resume, cover letter, which addresses the above items and salary requirements and references to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing “BPI Professional” in the subject.