Tuesday, August 4th 2015
SEI is pleased to post job openings from member companies and partners, as a means of effectively reaching qualified, local candidates in the smart energy industry. Additionally, SEI staff can review applications on you company’s behalf. If you’d liked to post a Job Alert, send descriptions and application instructions to Will Williams.
Energy Management Systems, a rapidly growing comprehensive energy solutions provider, is looking for the newest member of its Field Service team. The Meter Service Technician will be a key contributor to that team, assisting our master tradesman with installations, surveys, inspections and repairs on electrical sub-metering equipment and reporting directly to the Field Service Manager. The successful candidate will have a strong construction background and entry level electrical skills, as well as effective verbal and written communication skills and the drive and determination to play an operative role in a dynamic and growing organization.
Responsible for assisting on installations and inspections of electrical systems to determine appropriate sub-metering measures. Installing and servicing electric sub-metering AMR and manual read systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Assist master electricians with:
- Inspection, review and analysis of electrical systems in existing buildings and those proposed in new construction projects for the purpose of determining appropriate type and sizing of utility sub-metering equipment.
- Installation of sub-metering systems in existing buildings and new construction projects.
- Retrofitting existing sub-metering systems with AMR (Automated Meter Reading) equipment.
- Installation of thermostats and high efficiency light products
- Service and repair as necessary of existing sub-metering systems.
- Effectively organizes material, equipment and tools on job sites for master technician.
- Effectively assists master technicians on installations and maintenance projects.
- Minimizes company exposure and risk on all field service projects.
- Communicates regularly with service team, management and customers to facilitate service projects run efficiently and effectively.
- Effectively communicates relevant Service Department information to superiors.
- Intimately familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the electrical field.
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to the electrical trade.
- Familiarity with some of the applicable electrical codes, standards, and regulations.
- Familiarity with electrical application for high and low voltage electric system.
- Experienced in the installation, repair and maintenance of all types of electrical system equipment and components.
- Thrives in a team atmosphere.
- Willingness and eagerness to learn.
- Shares information with others freely.
- Mitigates conflict and communication problems.
- Ability to gather and analyze information skillfully and efficiently.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational and multitasking skills are essential.
- Technological literacy including familiarity with word-processing, spreadsheets and other industry- specific software.
- Strong internet skills, including use of e-mail programs, group messaging, and use of online meeting platforms.
- Ability to effectively adapt to changes in the work environment and/or scope of work.
Work Schedule and Location
- Full-Time, Monday-Friday 8:30 – 4:30.
- Exton, Pennsylvania office and in the field – up to 50% travel.
Salary and Benefits
- Compensation $16.00-$18.00/hour commensurate with level of education and/or experience.
- Medical Insurance with 88% contribution by EMS.
- 401K Plan.
- Semi-Annual Bonus Plan.
- On-site training.
Read more here.